Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The earring series

So....whats with the earrings?  Well I'm not entirely sure myself, I just seem to be really enamored with them lately.  I love that I can take a small left over pile of beads and make a beautiful piece of jewelry out of them.

I finished some wedding jewelry, a sash to be exact that will adorn a wedding gown, and I had all these nice gold beads.

Here is the stash I pulled for the wedding sash.  I used a shibori ribbon, seeds, crystal, pearls and some gold flowers.





The tray that was left when done h the seeds, crystal pearls and flowers and I set out to make some earrings.  I really like these.  They are going to be for my Going Formal Series that I will do for next years Beading Cruise through the Bahamas.



The bezel is hubble stitch which makes a great flexible bezel.  The first earring ended up being a prototype as the flower chain was too tight and didn't come out as I had envisioned.  I made a second, shown above which I was really happy with and then had to make the third to go with the second.  They are quite fancy pants !