Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Crystal Earrings


These do require knowing cubic right angle weave, but after that they are very simple, quick and make a great gift.


They do require 56 3 mm Swarovski Element crystals for the pair, but when have I ever designed something with less?

On double fireline, I create one column of 3 cubes with the 3 mm crystals.  In this case I used one color for the walls and a contrast for the floor and ceiling beads.  I embellished the spaces with a size 15 bead, then used a head pin to stack some additional accent beads and a larger crystal, but any accents would do.  I wire wrapped the top and hung from a simple ear wire.  The earring card is my business card with holes poked using my very sharp Tulip awl.

So far I've made black and silver with red accents, silver with green and red accents, green with gold accents and gold with green accents.....next up I'm going to use some 3 mm Swarovski pearls with a nice big 6 mm Indigo crystal on the bottom. 

Fun, easy and a nice little bit of sparkle for the holidays!

I tuck these in my purse and gift them as the opportunity arises.




10 comments:

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Those are adorable!

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Wonderful colorway you chose too!

Denise said...

lovely earrings looks easy too thanks for sharing

Helen said...

Love them...thanks for sharing!

Sharon Wagner said...

Simply lovely...nice little shared idea.

gah-broon said...

Oeh, I like these!! Gonna make a pair. Thanks.

Cindy said...

These are darling and what a wonderful gift idea :D! Thank you for sharing and I love your colors!

newbeader said...

Wonderful earrings, I love them! Thanks for sharing.
Irina

motidana said...

These earrings are lovely! thanks for sharing.

motidana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.